Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some Reflection Quotations

Several students have asked me to post the quotes I have been using during our reflection sessions. (FYI -- we've done whole-group written, then discussion reflections, on Mon and Wed evening and will again on Friday; Tues and Thurs afternoons I've offered optional sessions). So here they are -- for them, and for you, to chew upon.

  • I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
    -- Edmund Everett Hale

  • “If we do not act, we shall surely be dragged down the long, dark and shameful corridors of time reserved for those who possess power without compassion, might without morality, and strength without insight.”
    —Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  • "If you have come to help me you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bout up with mine, then let us work together."
    -- an Aboriginal Australian woman

  • We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."
    -- Cicero


No comments:

Post a Comment